How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for low-cost insurance rates in Vero Beach, FL? Did you make the mistake of buying an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Don't feel bad because there are many Vero Beach consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
Unfortunately, over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Florida can save nearly $1,130 each year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to compare other rate quotes. Popular companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
Lowering your insurance rates doesn't have to be difficult. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes to discover which company has cheap Vero Beach car insurance quotes.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to actually drive to and from local Vero Beach insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you have a need for the trained guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to get prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Florida. To get cheap auto insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,730||$865||$144|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,542||$771||$129|
|Ford Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,458||$729||$122|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,092||$546||$91|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,122||$561||$94|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,558||$779||$130|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,382||$691||$115|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,192||$596||$99|
|Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,528||$764||$127|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease insurance rates considerably.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders increase Dodge Ram car insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Chevrolet Tahoe insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
One of the more difficult decisions when buying car insurance is how high should your deductibles be. The data tables below help summarize the difference in cost of buying low and high physical damage deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $250 physical damage deductible and the second price grid uses a $1,000 deductible.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can alter premiums noticeably.
We can derive from the above data that using a $250 deductible costs about $32 more each month or $384 every year than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $750 more to settle a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally average at a minimum 23 months between claim filings, you would save more money by selecting a higher deductible. The illustration below shows the way this calculation is made.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$130|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $98|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$32|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $32|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||23 months|
An important sidenote is that increasing deductibles to lower your rates means you will have to cover more of the damage yourself when you file a claim. That will require enough disposable savings in the event you have to pay the higher deductible in order to repair your vehicle.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Vero Beach, paying for auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Vero Beach overpays as much as $830 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Well known brands might not be cheapest
Florida consumers can't avoid all the ads that claim the best prices from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise about saving some big amount if you change your coverage.
How do they all charge lower premium rates? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable risk profile might be described as between the ages of 30 and 45, has never had a claim, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured that fits those parameters receives the best rates in Vero Beach as well as save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who don't qualify for these criteria will probably have to pay higher prices which results in business not being written. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how insurance companies can make those claims. Because every company is different, you really need to get Vero Beach car insurance quotes as often as possible. You cannot predict which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Discounts can help save money on auto insurance
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Early Signing - A few companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers who elect to allow companies to track driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Vero Beach car insurance quote compared to frequent claim filers.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Government Employees - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
To see companies that offer some of these discounts in Vero Beach, click this link.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to your policy, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
When searching for cheaper Vero Beach car insurance quotes, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we presented many ways to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Vero Beach car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida can be found below: