Finding cheaper auto insurance may be kind of frustrating for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. With such a large number of agents and insurance companies available, it can easily turn into a chore to find a more affordable company.
It's astonishing, but most auto insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in North Miami could save nearly $1,100 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
You should take the time to shop coverage around occasionally because auto insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best deal on auto insurance a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
The purpose of this article is to teach you a little about how to effectively get price quotes. If you already have coverage, you will be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. But Florida vehicle owners need to learn how big insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Most major insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate allow consumers to get prices on the web. Comparing car insurance rates online doesn't take a lot of time because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. When complete, the company's rating system will order credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information.
Using the web to get rate quotes helps simplify price comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to perform this step if you are searching for a better rate.
In order to compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you are getting a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Florida. If you want cheap car insurance in Florida, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,166||$583||$97|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,146||$573||$96|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,778||$889||$148|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$1,550||$775||$129|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,436||$718||$120|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,238||$619||$103|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$1,538||$769||$128|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$970||$485||$81|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,248||$624||$104|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,480||$740||$123|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,810||$905||$151|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,582||$791||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can influence premiums noticeably.
Higher deductibles lower rates
When comparing car insurance rates, the most common question is how high should your deductibles be. The tables below show the differences in premium rates between low and high insurance deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $100 deductible for comp and collision and the second data table uses a $500 deductible.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$648||$418||$24||$124||$1,551||$129|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$764||$418||$24||$124||$1,667||$139|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$764||$418||$24||$124||$1,667||$139|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$312||$764||$522||$30||$156||$1,809||$151|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$764||$418||$24||$124||$1,667||$139|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$312||$764||$418||$24||$124||$1,667||$139|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$312||$880||$522||$30||$156||$1,925||$160|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$358||$880||$418||$24||$124||$1,829||$152|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$358||$880||$418||$24||$124||$1,829||$152|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$358||$880||$522||$30||$156||$1,971||$164|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$358||$880||$418||$24||$124||$1,829||$152|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$358||$880||$522||$30||$156||$1,971||$164|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$406||$764||$418||$24||$124||$1,761||$147|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$406||$994||$522||$30||$156||$2,133||$178|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$438||$418||$24||$124||$1,232||$103|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$516||$522||$30||$156||$1,452||$121|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$594||$522||$30||$156||$1,530||$128|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$594||$418||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$594||$418||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$594||$522||$30||$156||$1,564||$130|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$594||$418||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$594||$522||$30||$156||$1,564||$130|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,378||$115|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$296||$672||$522||$30||$156||$1,676||$140|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase price quotes considerably.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible could cost the average driver approximately $31 more each month or $372 for a full year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $400 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you have at a minimum 13 months between claim filings, you would save more money if you choose a higher deductible.
Discounts mean cheaper rates
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds who allow their car insurance company to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To choose car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in North Miami, follow this link.
Why you might pay higher rates in North Miami
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the items used by companies to determine rates.
- Add-on coverages you don't use - There are a ton of extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you don't need them eliminate them to save money.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates tend to be for economy passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Many insurance companies apply discounts to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's still a good idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save money by buying from different companies
- Experienced drivers pay less - Older insureds are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.Teenage drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save - Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Men drivers tend to cost more - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you - An insured's credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
It's not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in North Miami?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my covered if I use it for business?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance advertising gotchas
Respected companies like State Farm and Allstate endlessly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to advertise claims that drivers will save a bundle after switching your policy. How do they all make almost identical claims? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance providers quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a driver they prefer might be over the age of 35, has no tickets, and drives a safe vehicle. A customer getting a price quote who fits those characteristics will get very good North Miami prices and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for those criteria must pay a higher rate and the customer not buying. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can make claims like that.
Each company has different criteria, so it is so important to quote coverage with many companies. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When searching for cheap North Miami car insurance quotes, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price.
We just showed you many ideas to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable North Miami car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. Some small companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.