Trying to find cheaper auto insurance rates in West Palm Beach, FL? West Palm Beach shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on car insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates for a and locate the best price possible.
Discounts to earn lower West Palm Beach insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in West Palm Beach can save you money since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more.
Don't be shocked that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck. But all discounts will reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
To view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in West Palm Beach, click this link.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Florida. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Florida, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,570||$785||$131|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,692||$846||$141|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$1,314||$657||$110|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,430||$715||$119|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,002||$501||$84|
|Ford Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,232||$616||$103|
|GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,356||$678||$113|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,414||$707||$118|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,850||$925||$154|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,520||$760||$127|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$1,330||$665||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect price quotes noticeably.
How high should deductibles be?
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Chevrolet Tahoe yearly insurance costs for each different age category. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The chart below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Elantra auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive guideline of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Hyundai Elantra book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. And supporting small agencies is still important in West Palm Beach.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in West Palm Beach that can give you free West Palm Beach auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in West Palm Beach are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can provide auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Picking the best insurance agency requires more thought than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Lower rates by being persistent
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents. Affordable auto insurance in West Palm Beach is available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Florida Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Tallahassee, Florida? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Hialeah, Florida? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)