Do you want a faster way to compare the cheapest insurance rates in Boynton Beach, FL? Feel like you're a prisoner to overpriced insurance? It's quite common and many Boynton Beach drivers have buyer's remorse.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most insurance customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in Florida could pocket $1,130 a year by just shopping around, but they don't believe the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company. You have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, more options can take longer to locate the cheapest rates.
Car insurance companies offering low-cost rates in Florida
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,778||$889||$148|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Ford Edge Sport AWD||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,558||$779||$130|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,268||$634||$106|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$2,102||$1,051||$175|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,076||$538||$90|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$938||$469||$78|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,866||$933||$156|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,408||$704||$117|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,192||$596||$99|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in Boynton Beach location which can modify coverage rates substantially.
Car insurance deductibles
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Toyota Corolla insurance prices for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders can drive up Honda Civic auto insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts for lower Boynton Beach auto insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don't even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for signing up on their website.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when getting a Boynton Beach car insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Boynton Beach car insurance with some auto insurance companies.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, good student, air bags, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, professional/association, ease of repair, good driver, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, early shopping, mature driver, switch companies, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, multi-policy, paperless, teen driver, and mature driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, newly retired, exclusive group savings, and multi-car.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safety rewards, safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
- USAA may have discounts that include military installation, defensive driver, annual mileage, safe driver, new vehicle, loyalty savings, and driver training.
If you want low cost Boynton Beach car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not apply in your state. To view auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Boynton Beach who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won't need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
When researching a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Boynton Beach can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, it's recommended you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Consumers in Florida can't get away from ads for cheaper insurance by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies have a common claim that drivers will save a bundle just by moving your policy.
How is it plausible that every one can claim to save you money? Here is how they do it.
Insurance providers have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote that matches those criteria is entitled to the best price as well as cut their insurance rates if they switch.
Potential customers who don't meet these stringent criteria will get higher premiums and ends up with business going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can make claims like that. This really illustrates why you need to compare many company's premium rates. You cannot predict the company that will fit you best based on your risk profile.
One last note
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered some good ideas how to shop for auto insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest prices come from the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Florida Auto Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)