How many times have you put off comparing quotes for the cheapest car insurance rates in Jacksonville, FL? Jacksonville drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced Honda Civic insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance and you need to know the best way to compare rates for a Honda and find the lowest price.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. The goal of this article is to familiarize you with how to compare rates easily and also pocket some savings Drivers just have to know the least time-consuming way to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
Getting a cheaper price on Honda Civic insurance is actually quite simple. You just have to invest a little time to get quotes online from several insurance companies.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Florida. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Florida, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$552||$400||$24||$120||$1,340||$112|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$634||$564||$34||$168||$1,654||$138|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$334||$392||$24||$118||$1,002||$84|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$166||$454||$678||$40||$202||$1,540||$128|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$192||$496||$564||$34||$168||$1,454||$121|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$394||$426||$26||$128||$1,142||$95|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$260||$594||$684||$40||$204||$1,782||$149|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$758||$472||$28||$142||$1,678||$140|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$736||$418||$24||$124||$1,624||$135|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$252||$626||$500||$30||$150||$1,558||$130|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$546||$430||$26||$128||$1,368||$114|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$194||$454||$532||$32||$160||$1,372||$114|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$532||$392||$24||$118||$1,346||$112|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$284||$760||$678||$40||$202||$1,964||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in your specific Jacksonville location which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The example below illustrates the difference between Honda Civic car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need insurance for your Civic
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Civic has a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Honda Civic. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How You Can Control Honda Civic Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Premiums for men may be higher - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Costs increase with policy add-ons - There are quite a few extra add-on coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Combine and save - Most companies will award discounts for people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's still a good idea to compare other Jacksonville Civic insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Big cities mean more claims - Choosing to live in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Driving citations increase premiums - Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Just one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Insurance loss probability for a Honda Civic - Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine rates. Models that the statistics show to have higher losses will have higher premium rates.
The data below shows the insurance loss data for Honda Civic vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Honda Civic Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Civic 92 105 68 127 135 121 Honda Civic Hybrid 90 85 106 105 78 Honda Civic Si 126 97 117 124 104
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new Civic can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver's Education for Students - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
It's important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will lower your policy premium.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, daytime running lights, driver training, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers may include discounts for driver training, payment discounts, continuous insurance, save driver, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and multi-car.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-theft, and drive less.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-car, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Honda Civic rate quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Jacksonville, click here to view.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation could use an agent's help.
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Who is covered when they drive my Honda Civic?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is especially important in Jacksonville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Jacksonville who will give you bids to get your business. You won't need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Jacksonville for you
If you want a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both types can sell and service insurance coverage, but we need to point out the differences since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you contact at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Jacksonville who may be able to give you price quote information.
- The Maverick Insurance Agency
9119 Merrill Rd #8 - Jacksonville, FL 32225 - (904) 743-6661 - View Map
- First Network Insurance Agency
6180 Fort Caroline Rd #3 - Jacksonville, FL 32277 - (904) 743-3492 - View Map
- Erwin Insurance Agency-Beach
5243 Beach Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32207 - (904) 391-1003 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Jacksonville willing to provide price quotes.
- Jim Haskins - State Farm Insurance Agent
6983 103rd St #2 - Jacksonville, FL 32210 - (904) 777-4577 - View Map
- Yuleen Broome - State Farm Insurance Agent
3120 Atlantic Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32207 - (904) 398-0401 - View Map
- Therese Quinn - State Farm Insurance Agent
1944 Southside Blvd - Jacksonville, FL 32216 - (904) 724-6040 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Jacksonville?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Jacksonville?
Don't give up on cheaper rates
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Lower-priced Honda Civic insurance in Jacksonville is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Jacksonville car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies work with independent agents.
We just covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Honda Civic insurance in Jacksonville. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey in Florida? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)