I doubt anyone likes paying for auto insurance, particularly when they could get a better deal.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most Florida auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. American consumers could cut their rates by nearly 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched.
With so many auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be diffult for people to locate a more affordable company.
Consumers need to compare prices before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the best price on Ford F-150 insurance in Miami a year ago there may be better deals available now. Don't believe everything you read about F-150 insurance online, but I'm going to show you some of the best ways to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Ford F-150 insurance discounts in Miami
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Driver Training Discounts - Participating in a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Miami car insurance quote.
- Safe Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Miami car insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
Remember that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, good student, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for preferred payment discount, new move discount, multi-car, good student, safety features, newly married, and new graduate.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good student, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including homeowner, alternative fuel, youthful driver, switch companies, good student, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for mature driver, safe driver, safe vehicle, good student, company car, student away at school, and paperless.
- SAFECO includes discounts for bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Ford F-150 rate quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Miami. To choose car insurance companies that offer discounts in Miami, click this link.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so you also need to get prices from those companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Miami, FL. To locate cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$228||$282||$418||$24||$124||$1,076||$90|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$198||$280||$546||$32||$164||$1,220||$102|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$150||$276||$472||$28||$142||$1,068||$89|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$136||$238||$400||$24||$120||$918||$77|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$242||$438||$438||$26||$132||$1,276||$106|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$256||$414||$504||$30||$152||$1,356||$113|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$294||$410||$430||$26||$128||$1,288||$107|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$278||$438||$438||$26||$132||$1,312||$109|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$248||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,152||$96|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$254||$352||$426||$26||$128||$1,186||$99|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$202||$298||$392||$24||$118||$1,034||$86|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$294||$410||$430||$26||$128||$1,288||$107|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$398||$656||$564||$34||$168||$1,820||$152|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$356||$514||$504||$30||$152||$1,556||$130|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$280||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,184||$99|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$338||$360||$546||$32||$164||$1,440||$120|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$404||$668||$564||$34||$168||$1,838||$153|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$280||$450||$392||$24||$118||$1,264||$105|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$220||$392||$504||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$450||$798||$564||$34||$168||$2,014||$168|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$368||$596||$430||$26||$128||$1,548||$129|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$388||$732||$542||$32||$162||$1,856||$155|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$284||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,290||$108|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$174||$284||$392||$24||$118||$992||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$254||$452||$472||$28||$142||$1,348||$112|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$270||$474||$430||$26||$128||$1,328||$111|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$216||$454||$542||$32||$162||$1,406||$117|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$350||$724||$542||$32||$162||$1,810||$151|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$368||$588||$430||$26||$128||$1,540||$128|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$320||$506||$426||$26||$128||$1,406||$117|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$462||$640||$546||$32||$164||$1,844||$154|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific location which can influence premiums greatly.
Ford F-150 insurance rates by gender in Miami
The example below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can raise Ford F-150 yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
What if I want to buy from local Miami insurance agents?
Some consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Miami.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Miami who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a local Miami insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Miami are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, it's a good idea to contact at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Below are Miami independent agents who may be able to give you price quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Miami that can give you comparison quotes.
Choosing a insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- How long has the business existed?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you receive acceptable answers to these questions and cheap F-150 insurance quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Compare but don't skimp
As you quote Miami car insurance, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance providers don't offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Budget-conscious Ford F-150 insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about insurance in Florida is located on the following sites: