Want to know how to find lower-priced Chevy Cruze insurance in St. Petersburg? Have you fallen victim to an expensive car insurance policy? Say no more because many St. Petersburg consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. St. Petersburg consumers can save almost $1,126 each year just by comparing rates, but they don't know the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company. There are many insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, having more insurance companies makes it harder to find the best rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in St. Petersburg.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually easier than you may think. You just have to invest a few minutes comparing rates to find out which insurance company has affordable St. Petersburg car insurance quotes.
It's so easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to drive to different St. Petersburg agent offices. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates this option unless you prefer the trained guidance only provided by licensed St. Petersburg agents. Drivers can price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in St. Petersburg, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Florida
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in St. Petersburg, insurance is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cruze has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in St. Petersburg is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance policy discounts for Chevy Cruze insurance in St. Petersburg
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied at quote time, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- E-sign - Certain larger companies provide a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a St. Petersburg car insurance quote.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Club Memberships - Participating in certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, driver training, 55 and retired, good student, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, safe vehicle, multiple autos, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Allstate discounts include FullPay discount, good payer, premier discount, premier plus, 55 and retired, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, multi-policy, and easy pay.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver
If you need inexpensive St. Petersburg car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in St. Petersburg. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Buying auto insurance from St. Petersburg car insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in St. Petersburg who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Two types of St. Petersburg car insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good St. Petersburg insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they function. Auto insurance agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it's worth learning the differences since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive agencies in St. Petersburg who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to do anything.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in St. Petersburg who can help you get price quote information.
Sunshine Security Insurance Agency
1 ASI Way N - St. Petersburg, FL 33702 - (727) 825-0663 - View Map
Auto insurance savings summarized
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more you quote St. Petersburg car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance in St. Petersburg can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood St. Petersburg agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
When you buy St. Petersburg car insurance online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Florida? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Florida? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)