Do you get exhausted from trying to scrape together enough money to pay high car insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other drivers in Florida.
Unfortunately, nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Miami could save an average of nearly 55% each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Due to the fact that there are so many options when it comes to car insurance, it can be impossible to locate the most cost effective company.
Finding the best-priced coverage in Miami can be fairly easy. If you're already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to reduce premiums and still have adequate protection. Drivers just have to use the most efficient way to compare rates online.
Insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Ford Focus insurance in Miami.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Student in College - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Miami and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Miami, follow this link.
Finding a lower price on insurance is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to drive around to and from local insurance agencies. Quoting Ford Focus insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional assistance of a local agency. Although, it is possible price shop your coverage online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Florida. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Florida, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$532||$472||$28||$142||$1,416||$118|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$746||$504||$30||$152||$1,738||$145|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$402||$418||$24||$124||$1,142||$95|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,612||$134|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$308||$748||$494||$30||$148||$1,728||$144|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$248||$532||$444||$26||$132||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Car insurance deductibles
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Ford Focus yearly insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers Miami pay cheaper rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and accident claims drive up Ford Focus insurance costs for different insured age categories. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Focus annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does my Ford Focus need full coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Ford Focus?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important especially in Miami.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Car insurance agents in Miami come in two varieties
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning why they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you need to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Miami that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Miami Insurance Agency
3313 NW 7th St - Miami, FL 33125 - (305) 541-4553 - View Map
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Miami exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
Gus Figueredo - State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 - Miami, FL 33144 - (305) 262-0440 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Miami?
- How are they compensated?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction as well as a affordable price, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy. Just understand that it's your policy and you can cancel coverage whenever you choose to so never feel that you're stuck with any specific company with no way to switch.
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy cancellation. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
We just covered many ways to reduce Ford Focus insurance rates online in Miami. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Discount Ford Focus insurance in Miami is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Florida Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Miami Beach, Florida? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)