Are you doing reasearch to find cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in Miami? Wish you could get a refund on overpriced Dodge Ram insurance in Miami? Believe me when I say many Miami consumers are in the same pinch.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of Florida drivers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in the U.S. could cut their rates by roughly 47% a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to go online and compare rates.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to discover the definitive lowest rate possible on Dodge Ram insurance in Miami.
Best companies for Dodge Ram insurance
The following companies can provide quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$348||$522||$480||$28||$144||$1,522||$127|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$312||$560||$532||$32||$160||$1,596||$133|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$194||$352||$532||$32||$160||$1,270||$106|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$450||$798||$636||$38||$190||$2,112||$176|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$176||$290||$452||$26||$136||$1,080||$90|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$450||$798||$636||$38||$190||$2,112||$176|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$398||$746||$570||$34||$170||$1,918||$160|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$174||$284||$444||$26||$132||$1,060||$88|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$406||$648||$472||$28||$142||$1,696||$141|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$250||$402||$472||$28||$142||$1,294||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$388||$748||$494||$30||$148||$1,808||$151|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$216||$394||$532||$32||$160||$1,334||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$216||$414||$532||$32||$160||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$366||$634||$636||$38||$190||$1,864||$155|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$300||$474||$486||$28||$146||$1,434||$120|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$316||$544||$452||$26||$136||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$514||$764||$618||$36||$184||$2,116||$176|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$192||$334||$444||$26||$132||$1,128||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$254||$494||$444||$26||$132||$1,350||$113|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$322||$684||$570||$34||$170||$1,780||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in Miami location which can impact coverage prices significantly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The illustration below shows how violations and fender-benders increase Dodge Ram auto insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Dodge Ram insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Informed Drivers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
The list below includes just a few of the factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- Does car insurance cost more for men? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Policy add-ons add up - Policies have add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you don't pay attention. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, towing, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount - Some insurers will award better rates to clients who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you're getting this discount it's always a smart idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Youthful driver insurance rates - Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.Beginning drivers are proven to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- More traffic equals higher rates - Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when buying car insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Limits of liability - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums - Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Ram by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- You might pay higher premiums if you are single - Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your policy. It translates into being more mature than a single person and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Get affordable rates on Dodge Ram insurance in Miami with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but some need to be requested specifically before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multi-line Discount - Some insurance companies give a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies will give a small break just for signing your application on the internet.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Ram insurance in Miami.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive lower premium rates.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the cost of coverage.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, continuous insurance, driver training, new car, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, homeowner, multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Miami. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Miami, click here.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is important especially in Miami.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Miami who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
When looking for a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Miami may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Miami that may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
Globalgreen Insurance Agency
6840 Bird Rd - Miami, FL 33155 - (305) 677-8022 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agency Inc.
7175 SW 8th St #203 - Miami, FL 33144 - (305) 263-4855 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Miami exclusive insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Gus Figueredo - State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 - Miami, FL 33144 - (305) 262-0440 - View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Miami?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Florida?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Miami?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does their agency support local causes in Miami?
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Some auto insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Miami can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When getting Miami auto insurance quotes online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Dodge Ram insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Miami auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.