Searching for lower-priced auto insurance rates in Sunrise, FL? Sunrise drivers have lots of choices when trying to find affordable car insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Sunrise agents.
It's a great practice to compare rates once or twice a year since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest quotes on auto insurance at your last renewal you can probably find a better rate now. There is lot of inaccurate information about auto insurance out there, but in this article, you're going to get some of the best ways to put money back in your pocket.
Many insurance companies allow you to get prices direct online. Comparing car insurance rates online is possible for anyone as you just type in your coverage information on the page. Once entered, their rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's also necessary to perform this step if you want to find a lower rate.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it's recommended that you enter the coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Sunrise, FL. To buy cheap auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,222||$611||$102|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,430||$715||$119|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,206||$603||$101|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$1,628||$814||$136|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,560||$780||$130|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$856||$428||$71|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,282||$641||$107|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$1,206||$603||$101|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,478||$739||$123|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,466||$733||$122|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$1,100||$550||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Sunrise location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates significantly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Hyundai Sonata insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance policy discounts
Companies don't always advertise all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Sunrise auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking part in a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Government Employee Discount - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Sunrise auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- E-sign - Certain insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up early. You could save around 10% when you buy Sunrise auto insurance online.
Don't be surprised that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
Companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
It's a good idea to ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with discount rates in Sunrise, click here.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Sunrise, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing a policy, there is no single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as theft, hitting a deer, hail damage, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your vehicle.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (10/20/10 in Florida), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, surgery and dental work. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 10/20/10 which means a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $20,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people's vehicles, funeral expenses and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.