Finding low-cost insurance for a car in Florida can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a better way to shop for insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used and obtain the lowest price from North Miami Beach insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the best deal on insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the easiest way to find better coverage on insurance at a better price.
If you already have coverage or need a new policy, follow these tips to save money without reducing protection. Comparing quotes for the best protection in North Miami Beach is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers just have to know the proper way to compare rate quotes using one simple form.
Save money on insurance with these discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Student in College - Youth drivers living away from North Miami Beach attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount - Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Government Employees - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Passing a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include good student, accident-free, defensive driving training, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for switch companies, youthful driver, distant student, good student, and homeowner.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, federal employee, air bags, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, air bags, good student, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, defensive driving, easy pay, good student, Farm Bureau membership, and business or organization.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
When getting free North Miami Beach auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in North Miami Beach, click here to view.
Affordable North Miami Beach auto insurance quotes online
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in North Miami Beach, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,096||$548||$91|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$922||$461||$77|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$1,648||$824||$137|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,620||$810||$135|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,512||$756||$126|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$1,432||$716||$119|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,288||$644||$107|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$1,250||$625||$104|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,222||$611||$102|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,248||$624||$104|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,446||$723||$121|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,660||$830||$138|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,580||$790||$132|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,504||$752||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in North Miami Beach which can impact price quotes substantially.
Full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Dodge Ram rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no specific rule to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing you more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders impact Ford F-150 annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Raise deductibles and save
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Toyota Corolla insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, delays in paying claims or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
The cheapest auto insurance in North Miami Beach is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote North Miami Beach auto insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable North Miami Beach auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More information can be found on the following sites: