Do you get overwhelmed by the crazy number of insurance companies in your area? You're not alone. There are such a vast assortment of companies available that it can really be a difficult challenge to lower your insurance rates. Leesburg is the perfect city to reside in, but finding the money to pay for insurance can make it hard to afford good insurance coverage.
It's amazing but the vast majority of insurance customers in Florida kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
You need to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on insurance six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about insurance online but in this article, you're going to get some great ways to slash your insurance rates in Leesburg.
Buying the lowest-priced policy in Leesburg is not that difficult. Basically, every driver who requires lower cost car insurance stands a good chance to find a lower-cost company. Nevertheless, Florida vehicle owners do need to know how companies determine premium rates.
How to compare Leesburg car insurance rate quotes
When looking for cheap Leesburg car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from many car insurance companies in Florida. By far the easiest way to find affordable insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
When comparison shopping, quoting more will enable you to find more affordable insurance.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Florida. To find the best car insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,194||$597||$100|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$1,356||$678||$113|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$1,330||$665||$111|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,632||$816||$136|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,238||$619||$103|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,050||$525||$88|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,346||$673||$112|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,702||$851||$142|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,606||$803||$134|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$918||$459||$77|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,570||$785||$131|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,750||$875||$146|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,572||$786||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase insurance rates substantially.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The chart below illustrates the comparison of insurance costs for male and female drivers in Leesburg. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied on a Hyundai Elantra GLS.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance in Florida serves several purposes
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Leesburg, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Leesburg overpays more than $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
The ad said I'd save $411 a year!
Popular auto insurance providers such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to try to convey promises that drivers can save some big amount if you move your policy. It sounds good, but how can they all offer you a better deal on auto insurance? It's all in how they say it.
Auto insurance companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of insured that will add to their bottom line. An example of this type of risk profile might be between 30 and 50, has never had a policy lapse, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who matches that profile will get very good Leesburg premium rates and as a result will probably save money with a new company.
Drivers who cannot meet these criteria may be forced to pay a higher premium with the end result being the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "drivers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that kind of money. That's why companies can state the savings.
Because every company is different, it is so important to compare free Leesburg car insurance quotes often. It's just not possible to know which company will have the lowest auto insurance in Leesburg.
Save money by earning discounts
Some providers don't list all discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a defensive driving class can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger auto insurance companies have a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- College Student Discount - Kids who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- E-sign Discounts - A few companies will give a small break simply for signing online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Good Student - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
To see insurance companies who offer discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is especially important in Leesburg.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Leesburg?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Insurance can be complex
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Every insured's situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Quote more and you will save more
When buying insurance coverage, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
Discount auto insurance in Leesburg is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in these articles:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Florida Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Florida Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)