Looking for cheaper car insurance rates in Bartow, FL? Do you get exhausted from not being able to afford to insure your vehicles every month? You are no different than the majority of other consumers in Florida.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Florida could cut their rates by 55% a year, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Due to the increasing number of choices of insurance companies, it can be impossible to find the lowest price insurer.
It's a good idea to price shop coverage quite often due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best deal on car insurance a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to find out the only way to find better coverage on car insurance at a better price.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Bartow can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have car insurance now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these techniques. Although Florida car owners can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies sell online and use it to find better rates.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, alternative fuel, switch companies, pay in full, good student, distant student, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, good student, anti-theft, student away at school, driver's education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include good student, multi-car, safety features, newly married, and teen driver discount.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good driver
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with every company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with the best discounts in Bartow, click this link.
Where can I get affordable Bartow auto insurance?
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing online. Getting auto insurance prices online can be done by anyone as you just type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, the company's rating system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote determined by many factors. The ability to get online price quotes makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's also necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a better rate.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input your coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$882||$441||$74|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,756||$878||$146|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,376||$688||$115|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,248||$624||$104|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,730||$865||$144|
|GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,810||$905||$151|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,550||$775||$129|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,346||$673||$112|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,228||$614||$102|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,906||$953||$159|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,320||$660||$110|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$1,480||$740||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Bartow location which can raise or lower premium rates greatly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
One of the most common car insurance questions is what deductibles to buy. The following tables may help you to understand how much more rates are when you select higher and lower insurance deductibles. The first data table uses a $250 physical damage deductible and the second data table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$322||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,359||$113|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$364||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,401||$117|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$364||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,401||$117|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$364||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,499||$125|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$364||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,499||$125|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$364||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,499||$125|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$364||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,499||$125|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$200||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,046||$87|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$224||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,070||$89|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$224||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,070||$89|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$224||$342||$418||$24||$124||$1,132||$94|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$224||$342||$418||$24||$124||$1,132||$94|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$224||$342||$418||$24||$124||$1,132||$94|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$224||$342||$418||$24||$124||$1,132||$94|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
Based on this data, we can arrive at the conclusion that using a $250 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $29 more each month or $348 each year than selecting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $750 more to settle a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go at least 26 months between claims, you would come out ahead by selecting a higher deductible.
Informed consumers save more
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better car insurance rates. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your rates.
- When should you not file a car insurance claims? - Companies in Florida give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Save money by having multiple policies - Some insurers will give lower prices to buyers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Better prices for continuous coverage - Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
- Vocation reflects on premiums - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals generally have the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Good credit means lower prices - Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with bad credit. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Florida is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Bartow, insurance is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Bartow is overpaying over $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
Cheaper car insurance in Bartow can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Bartow, so you need to quote Bartow auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests or even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
More information can be found on the following sites: