Do you want low-cost car insurance rates in Palm Springs, FL? Buying car insurance online can seem difficult if you are one of the many people who have never used online price quotes. But relax because comparing prices is actually very simple.
Unimaginable but true, most car insurance policyholders in Florida have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in the U.S. could save themselves approximately $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they think it's difficult to go online and compare rates.
It's important to price shop coverage yearly because prices change frequently. Just because you had the best rates on car insurance a year ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some great ideas on how to lower your car insurance bill.
Don't overlook these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Palm Springs car insurance online.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- College Student - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount will lower the premium cost.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need inexpensive Palm Springs car insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your state. To locate insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Florida, click this link.
Most larger insurance companies make it easy to get price estimates direct online. The process is easy for anyone because it's just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. When complete, the quote system requests information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the best car insurance rates.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you complete the form with the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Palm Springs, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,310||$655||$109|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$1,402||$701||$117|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$1,478||$739||$123|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$1,570||$785||$131|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,384||$692||$115|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,876||$938||$156|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,542||$771||$129|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,054||$527||$88|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,624||$812||$135|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,746||$873||$146|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,382||$691||$115|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,502||$751||$125|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,728||$864||$144|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,520||$760||$127|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact rates significantly.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The information below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Altima insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Florida minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no written rule to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Altima replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $600 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Five things that impact your costs
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
Better credit means lower prices - Credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
Your car's features help determine insurance rates - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
High comp and collision deductibles reduce rates - Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims could be a dented fender, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for insurance.
Having a spouse can lower costs - Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Having a spouse may mean you are more financially stable and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Palm Springs car insurance agents?
Certain consumers would rather buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Palm Springs.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Palm Springs who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How long has their agency been in business in Palm Springs?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Palm Springs?
After you get good responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's possible that you found an insurance company that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel your coverage for any reason so don't assume you are locked into the auto insurance policy for the entire policy term.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Florida is wasting up to $820 a year so shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Quote. Compare. Save.
More affordable car insurance in Palm Springs can be bought on the web and with local Palm Springs insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to save on car insurance in Palm Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Palm Springs car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
While you're price shopping online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional information is located at these links:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Florida? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Florida? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)