Would you prefer to buy cheaper insurance rates in Fort Lauderdale, FL? Nobody I know fancies paying their premiums for insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is too high.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most insurance buyers in Florida renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by about 47% a year just by shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to compare rate quotes online. Online insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually hit you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage periodically because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on insurance six months ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're going to learn the things you must know in order to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Low-cost car insurance companies in Fort Lauderdale
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Florida. If you want cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,604||$802||$134|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,386||$693||$116|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$1,218||$609||$102|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,288||$644||$107|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,510||$755||$126|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,270||$635||$106|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,508||$754||$126|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,296||$648||$108|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$1,288||$644||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter coverage rates significantly.
Analysis of deductible levels
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Chevrolet Malibu annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Lower Fort Lauderdale auto insurance costs
Lots of factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save - Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- You might want pay the small auto insurance claims yourself - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Florida award cheaper rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Prevent theft and reduce premiums - Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft.
- Get married and get better prices - Being married may cut your premiums on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse means you're more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Fort Lauderdale auto insurance with certain companies.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying a policy with several vehicles with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Fort Lauderdale, click here.
When to contact an insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather have an agent's advice and that is a smart decision Professional agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Fort Lauderdale who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won't need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Fort Lauderdale?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
When finding a local Fort Lauderdale insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Fort Lauderdale are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can write insurance policies, but it's important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to check rates from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
After you get satisfactory answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Affordable car insurance is out there
Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Fort Lauderdale can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Fort Lauderdale, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.