No car owner enjoys paying for car insurance, particularly when they could find better prices if they shop around.
Sad but true, most consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Consumers in Rockledge can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to find better prices using these tips. Buying the cheapest insurance in Rockledge is actually quite simple. But Florida car owners do need to learn the way companies set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Are you snagging every discount?
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount very well, so we took the time to find both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save you some money because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on insurance.
- Student in College - Older children living away from Rockledge attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Rockledge Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Online Discount - Some insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, multi-car, pay in full, distant student, switch companies, homeowner, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, safe driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, membership and employees, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, homeowner, drive less, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, and new vehicle discount.
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in every state. For a list of insurers offering insurance discounts in Rockledge, click this link.
Most of the larger companies allow consumers to get price estimates directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. After you submit the form their quoting system sends out for your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote determined by many factors. The ability to get online quotes makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to do this if you want to find the best possible rates on car insurance.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy your coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you're receiving an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Florida. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,660||$830||$138|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,376||$688||$115|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,446||$723||$121|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,068||$534||$89|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,558||$779||$130|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,892||$946||$158|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,580||$790||$132|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,520||$760||$127|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,146||$573||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can impact rates substantially.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can influence Ford Focus annual premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you raise deductibles?
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Honda Accord insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Get cheaper car insurance with these tips
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time. When buying car insurance it's important to understand the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums - Your credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could save money insuring your vehicle by improving your credit score.
- Men are more aggressive - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don't assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Avoid traffic tickets - Even one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop car theft.
- Higher premiums for specific vocations - Jobs such as fire fighters, social workers and miners generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Little extras can really add up - There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren't careful. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Many people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Rockledge.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Rockledge insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Rockledge can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Rockledge should have no problem answering these questions:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Rockledge?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost in Rockledge, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The best rates come from being thorough
We've covered a lot of tips how to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. They often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
There are still a few companies who don't offer internet price quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Rockledge is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Rockledge agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional car insurance information is available below: