Want the cheapest auto insurance rates in Greenacres, FL? Feel like you're a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
Unfortunately, most auto insurance policyholders in Florida have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save an average of about $859 each year, but they don't know how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
With so many choices, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the lowest price insurance company.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best rates on auto insurance at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Discounts mean cheaper rates
Some insurers don't necessarily list every policy discount very well, so we took the time to find both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Professional Organizations - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Early Signing - A few larger companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck. Any amount of discount will help lower your policy premium.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, air bags, multi-vehicle, good student, federal employee, multi-policy, and military active duty.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for early quote, multi-car, driver training, continuous insurance, and new car.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include easy pay, good student, defensive driving, family plan, anti-theft, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for youthful driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, pay in full, distant student, and business and professional.
- Esurance may include discounts for good driver, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, good student, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, good driver, defensive driving training, student away at school, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including ease of repair, location of vehicle, professional/association, good student, type of vehicle, and multi-car.
Double check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Greenacres. To locate insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Florida, click this link.
To find more affordable quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from local Greenacres insurance companies. The fastest way to compare insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to and from local Greenacres insurance agencies. Quoting insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a need for the peace of mind that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although you can price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local Greenacres agent. Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating a better price. Not every company allows you to get quotes over the internet, so it's recommended that you also compare quotes from them as well.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Greenacres, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,534||$767||$128|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,270||$635||$106|
|Ford Edge Limited 2WD||$1,282||$641||$107|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Ford Explorer XLT AWD||$1,358||$679||$113|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,512||$756||$126|
|Ford Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,964||$982||$164|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,180||$590||$98|
|Mazda 3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,572||$786||$131|
|Toyota RAV4 4WD||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$992||$496||$83|
|Volkswagen Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,654||$827||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact insurance rates noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Honda Pilot annual premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Tahoe car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The prices are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no specific rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Tahoe settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $800 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
It's not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone's needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
More effort can pay off
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for auto insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a small mutual company.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Greenacres can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.