How many times have you told yourself to find cheaper car insurance rates in Seminole, FL? Nobody that owns a car rejoices having to buy car insurance, especially knowing it costs too dang much.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Florida can save 55% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes. Popular companies such as State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around before your next renewal because rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rate on car insurance a year ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the proper way to find better coverage on car insurance at a better price.
Reducing your insurance rates is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to take time to compare rates from some recommended companies.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to all the different Seminole insurance agencies. Quoting insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you prefer the peace of mind that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Seminole, FL. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,170||$585||$98|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,820||$910||$152|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,586||$793||$132|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,222||$611||$102|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,696||$848||$141|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,136||$568||$95|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,556||$778||$130|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,466||$733||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise premiums noticeably.
How high should deductibles be?
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Kia Optima insurance rates for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Lower-cost Seminole car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before being credited. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- Resident Student - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow their insurance company to study where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers may receive better car insurance rates.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of your policy.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, good student, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, multi-car, early quote, home ownership, and payment discounts.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, multi-car, drive less, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, good student, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Seminole. If you would like to view car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Seminole, click here.
What determines your policy premium?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Better car insurance rates for being claim-free - If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance companies in Florida award lower rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Never have coverage lapses - Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time.
- Age of drivers impacts costs - Young drivers in Florida have a tendency to be easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates. Adding a teen driver to your car insurance policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Vocation and insurance rates - Careers such as military personnel, airline pilots, and dentists generally have higher premium rates due to high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations like professors, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Do you know your coverage deductibles? - Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Your address can push rates up or down - Being located in a rural area has definite advantages when talking about car insurance. City drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
You may require the services of an insurance agent
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local agents is still important in Seminole.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- If they are an independent agency in Seminole, which companies do they recommend?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How many years have they been established?
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Brand name doesn't guarantee savings
Florida drivers can't ignore all the ads for the lowest price car insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all make the same claim about how much you will save if you just switch to their company.
How is it plausible that every one can make almost identical claims? It's all in the words they use.
Insurance providers have a preferred profile for a prospective insured that will generate a profit. For example, a driver they prefer could be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any customer who meets those qualifications receive the lowest rate quotes in Seminole and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Insureds who don't qualify for this stringent profile will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save money. This is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
Because every company is different, you absolutely need to compare as many free Seminole auto insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest car insurance in Seminole.
Be persistent to save money
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Seminole can be found from both online companies and with local Seminole insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Florida? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Orlando, Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Felons in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Florida Auto Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)