Are you trying to find more affordable insurance rates in Oviedo, FL? Having to pay for expensive insurance in Oviedo can bottom out your family's budget and make it tough to pay other bills. Getting a rate comparison is free and is an excellent way to lower your monthly bill.
Inconceivable but true, over 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save themselves as much as 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't want to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to get the best rate on insurance.
You should take the time to check insurance prices on a regular basis because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest price on insurance a few years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you are already insured, you will be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Oviedo is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Nevertheless, Florida consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies calculate their prices and use it to your advantage.
Cheapest car insurance companies in Oviedo
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Florida. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in Florida, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,866||$933||$156|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,222||$611||$102|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,370||$685||$114|
|GMC Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,604||$802||$134|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,110||$555||$93|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,820||$910||$152|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,714||$857||$143|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,534||$767||$128|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,408||$704||$117|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,570||$785||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise premium rates significantly.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions influence Nissan Sentra auto insurance rates for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Raise deductibles and save
One common question asked by Oviedo drivers is how high should the physical damage deductibles be. The figures shown below can help you understand the cost difference when you buy lower versus higher physical damage deductibles. The first rate comparisons uses a $100 deductible for comp and collision and the second data table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can impact coverage rates considerably.
Based on this data, we can arrive at the conclusion that using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $46 more each month or $552 each year than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would pay $900 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to average at least 20 months between claim filings, you would probably come out ahead going with the higher deductible.
How to determine when to raise your deductibles
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$144|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $98|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$46|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $46|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||20 months|
One big caveat is that a higher deductible level means you will have to cover more of the damage yourself when you file a claim. You will want to have some available funds in order to pay more for the deductible.
Informed consumers save more
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
- Optional features that lower prices - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- Defend yourself with liability coverage - Liability insurance will provide protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Too many insurance claims and you'll pay more - Auto insurance companies in Florida give the lowest premiums to people who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- More traffic equals higher prices - Living in areas with lower population has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Low stress occupation equals lower premiums - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as lawyers, executives and financial analysts generally have higher rates than the rest of us because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Combine policies with the same company - Most insurers afford lower prices to buyers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Teen vs. mature drivers - Teenage drivers in Florida tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a first-time driver to your car insurance policy can really hurt. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be asked about before being credited.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Driver Education Discount - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a safe driver course could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Oviedo auto insurance.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including age of vehicle, anti-theft, location of vehicle, multi-policy, and ease of repair.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, good student, anti-theft, defensive driving, and family plan.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, air bags, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area. To see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Oviedo, click here.
Insurance is unique, just like you
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What are good deductibles for a vehicle?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
We've covered some good ideas how you can compare auto insurance rates in Oviedo. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Oviedo auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Affordable auto insurance in Oviedo is definitely available online in addition to many Oviedo insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below: