I doubt anyone looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, in particular when they could find better prices if they shop around.
Statistics show that about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Deltona can cut their rates by roughly 55% a year, but they won't spend time to do a rate comparison. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's a good habit to price shop coverage quite often because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest rate on car insurance a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the tricks you need to know to buy cheaper car insurance.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. This process is quite simple as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. After you submit the form their quoting system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information. Using the web to get quotes streamlines rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to perform this step if you want to find the best rate.
To quickly compare pricing, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Florida. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Florida, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,184||$592||$99|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,582||$791||$132|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,022||$511||$85|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,596||$798||$133|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,006||$503||$84|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,668||$834||$139|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$892||$446||$74|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,964||$982||$164|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,384||$692||$115|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,580||$790||$132|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Deltona which can change coverage prices noticeably.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Deltona
The diagram below shows the comparison of car insurance rates for male and female drivers in Deltona. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied on a Hyundai Sonata SE.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Honda Accord annual premium costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Deltona, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so it's important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Good choices result in lower rates
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates. Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Where do you drive? - The more you drive your car annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. It's always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Low coverage deductibles cost more - Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- A auto insurance policy lapse can increase prices - Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines or a revoked license.
- Performance impacts insurance prices - The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Car insurance policy discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Early Signing - A few car insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Buy New and Save - Putting car insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a house in Deltona can earn you a little savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Deltona auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous. But all discounts will positively reduce the cost of coverage.
If you would like to view car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Local neighborhood Deltona car insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Deltona should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both write policy coverage, but it's worth learning the differences since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
One last thing to lower rates
When getting Deltona auto insurance quotes online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced car insurance in Deltona can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to shop Deltona auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Deltona auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with the least-expected company.