Would you like an easy way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Palm Bay, FL? If price shopping Palm Bay auto insurance quotes online is new to you, by this point your are probably bewildered by the confusing number local agents and online companies that all promise the best rates.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Florida could save almost 55% each year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It's a good idea to do price comparisons before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest rates on auto insurance a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the proper way to find great coverage at a great price.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Palm Bay is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the concepts covered in this article. Although Florida vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
Cheapest auto insurance companies in Palm Bay
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,570||$785||$131|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,154||$577||$96|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,946||$973||$162|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$1,666||$833||$139|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$1,154||$577||$96|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,094||$547||$91|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,346||$673||$112|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,140||$570||$95|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,408||$704||$117|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,042||$521||$87|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,912||$956||$159|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,560||$780||$130|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Palm Bay location which can change auto insurance rates noticeably.
Palm Bay insurance premiums by gender and age
The chart below shows the difference between insurance prices for male and female drivers in Palm Bay. The premiums assume no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Ford Fusion Sport AWD.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Palm Bay auto insurance costs are influenced by these factors
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates.
The following are some of the things that factor into rates.
- How much liability protection - Liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be rearending another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Don't abuse auto insurance claims - If you frequently file small claims, don't be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Florida give better rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is designed for more catestrophic claims.
- Credit history impact auto insurance costs - Credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Slash rates with these discounts on insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Driver's Ed - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course in school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, passive restraint, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO has savings for good student, federal employee, driver training, multi-policy, air bags, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- Allstate includes discounts for 55 and retired, teenSMART discount, good payer, auto/life discount, farm vehicle, and premier discount.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, drive less, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in Palm Bay. To find insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Florida, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Palm Bay insurance agencies?
Many drivers would rather sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Palm Bay that can provide free Palm Bay auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you directly. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you are searching for a reputable agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents in Palm Bay can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
But the ad said I'd save 15% in 15 minutes!
Popular insurance providers such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the ads make an identical promise about how much you will save after switching your policy. How do they all have lower policy pricing?
Many companies give the best rates for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. For instance, this type of insured might be described as between 30 and 50, has a clean driving record, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured that matches those criteria gets the lowest car insurance rates and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who do not fit these criteria will get higher rates which results in business not being written. The ads state "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" will save that much if they switch. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do. This really illustrates why you should do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you lower car insurance rates than your current company.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Florida?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
One last thing about your coverage
We just covered a lot of techniques to find cheaper coverage online. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
Budget-conscious auto insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Palm Bay agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When you buy Palm Bay auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Florida Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Students in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Florida? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)