Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more competitive insurance rates in Clermont, FL? Searching for better insurance prices for your car in Florida could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so we're going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes for your and find the best price possible from both online companies and Clermont agents.
It's a great practice to quote other rates once or twice a year because insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best premium rates on insurance last year you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the best methods to find great coverage at a great price.
If you're already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Shopping for more affordable coverage in Clermont is actually quite simple. Consumers just have to learn how to find the lowest price online.
What determines your policy premium?
Lots of factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Listed below are a few of the "ingredients" insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Tickets drive up prices - Only having one citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have received dangerous tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to keep their license.
Big city or small town - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims City drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
Do you know your physical damage deductibles? - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, also called 'full coverage', insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you're willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Amount of liability insurance - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Deter theft and pay less - Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Systems that thwart theives like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Drive less and get lower prices - The more you drive your car every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage, because it can save money.
Finding more affordable Clermont auto insurance rates is a great way to save money. All you need to do is take a few minutes comparing free Clermont auto insurance quotes online from several insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Clermont, FL. If you want cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,630||$815||$136|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$1,294||$647||$108|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,076||$538||$90|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,510||$755||$126|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,250||$625||$104|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,340||$670||$112|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$2,056||$1,028||$171|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,890||$945||$158|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,750||$875||$146|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,502||$751||$125|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Clermont location which can impact auto insurance rates greatly.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between insurance costs for male and female drivers in Clermont. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied on a Nissan Altima 3.5 SR.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you raise deductibles?
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Ford F-150 insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance in Florida serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost in Clermont, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates
Auto insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Early Switch Discount - A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates compared to bad drivers.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies that may include most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be available in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers with significant discounts in Florida, click here to view.
In the end, you can save money
You just learned many tips how you can compare auto insurance premium rates in Clermont. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Clermont auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper auto insurance in Clermont is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Clearwater, FL? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Florida? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Florida? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Florida? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)