Purchasing lower-cost quotes over the internet might seem intimidating for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and online price comparisons. With so many companies in the marketplace, how can consumers have a chance to compare every company to locate the cheapest price possible?
It's shocking but over 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could pocket roughly $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Obtaining price quotes for the lowest cost insurance coverage in North Lauderdale is easy to do. In a nutshell, everyone who carries insurance most likely will be able to save money. But Florida car owners must understand the way companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
The method we recommend to compare rates is to know all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as the year, make and model of vehicles, if you went to college, if you have a valid license, and your occupation. Your insurance information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Florida. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,074||$537||$90|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,314||$657||$110|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$992||$496||$83|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,436||$718||$120|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$836||$418||$70|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$1,380||$690||$115|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,204||$602||$100|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,570||$785||$131|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,560||$780||$130|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,510||$755||$126|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in North Lauderdale location which can increase or decrease price quotes substantially.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can raise Ford F-150 annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Age, gender, and differences in insurance rates
The example below illustrates the comparison of annual premium costs for male and female drivers in North Lauderdale. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied on a Honda Civic LX.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in North Lauderdale, insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Get more affordable prices by understanding these factors
When buying insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance rates. Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a few of the "ingredients" used by companies to determine your premiums.
Your credit history is important - Your credit history can be an important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Gender and insurance - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Both genders cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
Having a spouse can save on insurance - Being married can get you a discount on insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and it's statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Liability protection is critical - Your insurance policy's liability coverage kicks in if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Use but don't abuse your insurance - If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn't be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Florida give cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Rural areas have lower prices - Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
The type of car, truck or SUV you drive affects your costs - The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. Economy passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Discounts for lower North Lauderdale auto insurance rates
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Driver's Ed - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Multiple Cars - Having more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Early Switch Discount - Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get North Lauderdale auto insurance quotes online.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- American Family may include discounts for early bird, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, good student, TimeAway discount, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for youthful driver, good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, multiple policy, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Travelers includes discounts for continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, and home ownership.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, driver training, air bag, and defensive driver.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, air bags, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not apply in North Lauderdale. For a list of insurers that offer discounts in North Lauderdale, click this link.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it's worth?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Compare rates regularly to save
Some companies may not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies. The cheapest insurance in North Lauderdale can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in North Lauderdale, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We've covered a lot of tips how to compare insurance rates in North Lauderdale. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and policy cancellation. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Miami Gardens, FL? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Orlando, Florida? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Retired Military in Florida? (FAQ)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)