Searching for lower-priced insurance rates in Fort Walton Beach, FL? Fort Walton Beach buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost car insurance. They can either waste time calling around getting price quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for your and find the best price possible from Fort Walton Beach insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes periodically because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on insurance six months ago you can probably find a better price now. You can find a lot of information about insurance on the web, but we're going to give you some proven techniques to buy insurance cheaper in Fort Walton Beach.
The goal of this article is to teach you a little about the most effective ways to compare rates and how to save the most money. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Vehicle owners just have to understand the most time-saving way to buy car insurance on the web.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details such as if the vehicle is leased, what you do for a living, distance driven, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and enter your zip code.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,386||$693||$116|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$1,380||$690||$115|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,478||$739||$123|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$932||$466||$78|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,582||$791||$132|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$836||$418||$70|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,892||$946||$158|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,778||$889||$148|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,380||$690||$115|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,692||$846||$141|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific Fort Walton Beach garaging location which can lower or raise rates greatly.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can raise Ford Focus auto insurance costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Analysis of deductible levels
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurers don't necessarily list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Early Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Multi-line Discount - Some auto insurance companies give a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Fort Walton Beach Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner can save you money because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies with discount rates in Fort Walton Beach, click here.
Smart consumers can save money
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
The items below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect higher rates. Companies in Florida give discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles - Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles define the amount you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Having a spouse equates to better premiums - Having a wife or husband can actually save you money compared to being single. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - Many insurers will award discounts to policyholders that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Fort Walton Beach, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Do the work, save more money
You just learned many ways to compare insurance rates in Fort Walton Beach. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions or high prices. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below