Want to learn the secrets to finding lower-priced Chevy Cruze insurance in Tampa? Searching for affordable Tampa Chevy Cruze insurance quotes can be difficult for people who are new to comparing and buying car insurance online. With so many agents and companies in the marketplace, how are people able to efficiently compare every company to locate the cheapest available price?
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers could save almost 46.5% every year by just comparing quotes, but they don't believe how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons every six months because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best price on Chevy Cruze insurance in Tampa a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. There is too much inaccurate information about Cruze insurance on the internet, but I'm going to show you some proven techniques to reduce your car insurance bill.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Cruze insurance in Tampa?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you're not getting every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- E-sign Discounts - A few insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant Student - Kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, and multiple policy.
- Esurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, renters, DriveSense, Switch & Save, and emergency road assistance.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-policy, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, and family plan.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Tampa. If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Tampa, click here to view.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know auto insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide information such as if it has an anti-theft system, your credit rating estimate, which vehicles you own, and whether you are single or married. Your details is automatically sent to many of the top insurers and they return quotes almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Tampa, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Informed Drivers Save on Insurance
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Decrease rates by maintaining coverage - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- More performance means more cost - The type of vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Chevrolet Cruze is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Tampa. Small economy passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Physical damage deductibles - The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims would be rearending another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Premiums can be impacted by your vocation - Careers like military generals, social workers and stock brokers tend to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, historians and the unemployed get better rates.
- High credit history translates to low premiums - Your credit rating is a large factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Cruze by repairing your credit. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Chevy Cruze insurance loss statistics - Insurers study historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Tampa car insurance agents?
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Tampa who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don't have to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Tampa?
- How often do they review coverages?
Below is a list of auto insurance companies in Tampa willing to provide comparison quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Tampa.
- John Lang - State Farm Insurance Agent
4023 W Waters Ave #5 - Tampa, FL 33614 - (813) 885-2748 - View Map
- American Family Agencies
8501 N Florida Ave - Tampa, FL 33604 - (813) 930-0400 - View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance - Mike Polivchak
3928 W Hillsborough Ave - Tampa, FL 33614 - (813) 870-2334 - View Map
- Joyce Coleman - State Farm Insurance Agent
8221 Parkedge Dr - Tampa, FL 33637 - (813) 975-1866 - View Map
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Tampa, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare but don't skimp
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
Cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Tampa is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Tampa agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned a lot of ways to shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Tampa auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites: