Are you researching more affordable Ford F-150 insurance in St. Petersburg? Having to pay for overpriced insurance in St. Petersburg can bottom out your budget and force you to tighten up your finances. Comparison shopping is a great way to lower your bills every month.
It's hard to believe, but most consumers in Florida have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Most drivers in the United States could save $859 each year, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rates online.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm continually hit you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Which Ford F-150 insurance is cheapest in St. Petersburg?
When shopping for Ford F-150 insurance in St. Petersburg there are multiple ways to get quotes from local St. Petersburg insurance companies. The fastest way to comparison shop is to get quotes online.
It's so simple to compare insurance rate quotes online takes the place of having to go to all the different St. Petersburg insurance agencies. Comparing Ford F-150 insurance rates online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the trained guidance of a local St. Petersburg agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop online and still use a local agent. It's important to know that more quotes provides better odds of finding a better price. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it's recommended that you also compare rates from them as well.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$136||$186||$400||$24||$120||$866||$72|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$224||$414||$504||$30||$152||$1,324||$110|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$240||$442||$392||$24||$118||$1,216||$101|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$268||$522||$472||$28||$142||$1,432||$119|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$166||$318||$542||$32||$162||$1,220||$102|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$200||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,046||$87|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$172||$276||$438||$26||$132||$1,044||$87|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$226||$280||$546||$32||$164||$1,248||$104|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$248||$370||$392||$24||$118||$1,152||$96|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$280||$452||$400||$24||$120||$1,276||$106|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$306||$400||$24||$120||$1,054||$88|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$322||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,334||$111|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$226||$352||$438||$26||$132||$1,174||$98|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$360||$418||$24||$124||$1,222||$102|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$364||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$364||$446||$418||$24||$124||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$286||$430||$426||$26||$128||$1,296||$108|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$228||$364||$392||$24||$118||$1,126||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$312||$532||$438||$26||$132||$1,440||$120|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$290||$504||$504||$30||$152||$1,480||$123|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$314||$430||$26||$128||$1,102||$92|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$194||$334||$438||$26||$132||$1,124||$94|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$438||$418||$24||$124||$1,300||$108|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$348||$636||$472||$28||$142||$1,626||$136|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$350||$614||$542||$32||$162||$1,700||$142|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$256||$402||$546||$32||$164||$1,400||$117|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$284||$584||$542||$32||$162||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$316||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$216||$394||$438||$26||$132||$1,206||$101|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$240||$454||$542||$32||$162||$1,430||$119|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$216||$414||$472||$28||$142||$1,272||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in your specific St. Petersburg location which can decrease or increase prices noticeably.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford F-150 yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford F-150 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents raise Ford F-150 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Don't neglect these premium slashing discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before they will apply.
- Sign Early and Save - Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current F-150 insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in St. Petersburg can help you save on car insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- AAA has discounts for good student, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, good driver, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and driver's education.
- Esurance discounts include multi-car, multi-policy, good student, DriveSense, paid-in-full, homeowner, and claim free.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include accident-free, defensive driving, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
If you want low cost St. Petersburg car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in every state. For a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Florida, click here.
Can't I compare rates from local St. Petersburg insurance agencies?
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How long has the business existed?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are St. Petersburg exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
The following are St. Petersburg independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Ford F-150 Insurance Rate Factors
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Performance impacts insurance costs - The type of car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Because the Ford F-150 is classified as a pickup truck, insurance will be similar in price compared to average rates in St. Petersburg. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Low stress occupation equals lower rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs such as military generals, executives and medical professionals generally have higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and long work days. On the flip side, careers such as scientists, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Older drivers save more - Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.Young drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- File a claims and pay more - Companies in Florida generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating - Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If the Ford F-150 earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Insurance losses for a Ford F-150 - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the collected loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Ford F-150 has a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your F-150 outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Florida overpays more than $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare but don't skimp
Low-cost Ford F-150 insurance in St. Petersburg is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your Ford F-150 insurance car insurance rates in St. Petersburg. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, take a look at these articles: