Would you like to stop wasting money and find lower-priced car insurance rates in Punta Gorda, FL? Finding more affordable prices for car insurance is quite difficult for beginners to shopping for insurance online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can be a ton of work to find cheaper prices on car insurance.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Punta Gorda can save nearly $1,126 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
How to compare Punta Gorda insurance quotes
Most companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get insurance quotes online. Obtaining pricing is very simple as you simply enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form the company's rating system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote.
The ability to get online price quotes streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to do this in order to get cheap rates.
To find out what other companies charge, check out the insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you duplicate the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Punta Gorda, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$1,456||$728||$121|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,796||$898||$150|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$928||$464||$77|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$938||$469||$78|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,222||$611||$102|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,410||$705||$118|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,428||$714||$119|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$962||$481||$80|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,428||$714||$119|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,610||$805||$134|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,548||$774||$129|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,136||$568||$95|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,320||$660||$110|
|Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,428||$714||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect premiums greatly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Toyota Corolla annual premium costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Punta Gorda insurance costs by gender and age
The illustration below compares insurance rates for male and female drivers in Punta Gorda. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in on a Nissan Altima 2.5 S.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda Pilot auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Honda Pilot replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Are you snagging every discount?
Some insurance providers do not list every disount available very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Save with a New Car - Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to spy on driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your premiums.
To choose auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to make sure the price is not too high.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing your policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Florida?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier