Are you sick of overpaying and want lower-priced car insurance rates in New Smyrna Beach, FL? I really doubt anyone looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find better rates elsewhere.
A recent car insurance study discovered that the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Most drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by roughly 46.5% a year, but they just don't understand the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
There are many insurers to choose from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates.
Lower-cost New Smyrna Beach car insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Use Seat Belts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote New Smyrna Beach car insurance with some car insurance companies.
- No Claims - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
To see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in New Smyrna Beach, click here.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details including an estimate of your credit level, what your job is, how many miles driven, and how you use your vehicles. Your rating data is then sent to multiple companies and they respond with quotes very quickly.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,810||$905||$151|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,454||$727||$121|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,794||$897||$150|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,308||$654||$109|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,796||$898||$150|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,384||$692||$115|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,192||$596||$99|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,502||$751||$125|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 4WD||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can influence premium rates significantly.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The illustration below shows the difference between insurance rates for male and female drivers in New Smyrna Beach. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied on a GMC Acadia SLE.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
It's not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Every insured's situation is different and your insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you could use an agent's help.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What is glass protection for?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Getting quotes from local New Smyrna Beach car insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is still important in New Smyrna Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in New Smyrna Beach who will give you bids for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in New Smyrna Beach can either be independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Cheaper rates are available
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest insurance in New Smyrna Beach is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood New Smyrna Beach agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)