Finding low-cost insurance for your car in Florida can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a and find the best price possible from both online companies and Palm Beach Gardens agents.
Finding a lower price on insurance is not rocket science. Just take the time to get quotes to discover which company has low cost Palm Beach Gardens auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,346||$673||$112|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,310||$655||$109|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$2,122||$1,061||$177|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$960||$480||$80|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,556||$778||$130|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,610||$805||$134|
|Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$1,380||$690||$115|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,536||$768||$128|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,296||$648||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific location information which can affect insurance rates greatly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance rates with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive rule of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Ford F-150 replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Cruze book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
One of the more difficult decisions when buying auto insurance is which deductible level should you buy. The data tables below may help you to understand the difference in cost when you select higher and lower policy deductibles. The first table uses a $250 physical damage deductible and the second price chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,415||$118|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,415||$118|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,511||$126|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,511||$126|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$640||$472||$28||$142||$1,629||$136|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$640||$472||$28||$142||$1,629||$136|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$342||$418||$24||$124||$1,082||$90|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$342||$418||$24||$124||$1,082||$90|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$402||$418||$24||$124||$1,142||$95|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$174||$402||$418||$24||$124||$1,142||$95|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$200||$402||$472||$28||$142||$1,244||$104|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$200||$402||$472||$28||$142||$1,244||$104|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease insurance rates considerably.
We can derive from the above data that using a $250 deductible will cost you roughly $31 more each month or $372 every year than opting for the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would pay $750 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally average at a minimum 24 months between claims, you would come out ahead going with the higher deductible.
Car insurance policy discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you're not getting every credit available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Palm Beach Gardens auto insurance quote.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Sign Early and Save - A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Driver's Ed - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will definitely lower your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, good student, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for anti-theft, location of vehicle, multi-policy, annual mileage, age of vehicle, multi-car, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for multi-car, switch companies, homeowner, teen driver, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for paid in full, safe vehicle, group or association, air bags, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new graduate, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, safety features, and newly married.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, drive less, bundle discounts, multi-car, safe driver, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA includes discounts for driver training, vehicle storage, military installation, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, defensive driver, and new vehicle.
It's a good idea to ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer free car insurance quotes in Florida, click here to view.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Palm Beach Gardens, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. You are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some people still like to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Palm Beach Gardens who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Palm Beach Gardens?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
After you get acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an provider that is reliable enough to properly service your car insurance policy. Keep in mind it's your policy and you can cancel coverage whenever you choose to so don't feel that you're stuck with the car insurance policy for the entire policy term.
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage - Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with a tree, rolling your car, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your vehicle.
Since many Florida drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (10/20/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for liability - Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 10/20/10 that means you have $10,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage protects against claims like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Medical expense insurance - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for nursing services, chiropractic care, doctor visits, surgery and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.