Locating low-cost insurance for a car in Florida can normally be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a and get the cheapest rates.
Quoting the best-priced policy in Orlando is easy if you know what you're doing. If you have a policy now or just want cheaper rates, you can learn to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the best way to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
Score discounts on Orlando insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags can get savings as much as 30%.
- Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow companies to look at where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Club Memberships - Being in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your bill.
It's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for multi-car, driver training, save driver, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, and continuous insurance.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, accident-free, early bird, bundled insurance, air bags, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, safety features, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, good student, and new move discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state. To view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Orlando, click here.
The quickest method to compare policy rates is to realize most of the bigger providers provide online access to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like if you are currently licensed, how much school you completed, which vehicles you own, and if you lease or own. Your details is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes very quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Orlando, FL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Ford Edge Limited 2WD||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,248||$624||$104|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,624||$812||$135|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,634||$817||$136|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$1,100||$550||$92|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$980||$490||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase price quotes significantly.
Policy deductible comparison
When comparing car insurance rates, the most common question is which deductibles should you choose. The rates below may help to illustrate how much more rates are of buying low and high policy deductibles. The first price estimate table uses a $250 comprehensive and collision deductible and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$280||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,511||$126|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$280||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,511||$126|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$322||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,553||$129|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$322||$736||$418||$24||$124||$1,649||$137|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$262||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,344||$112|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$262||$594||$418||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Orlando location which can change coverage rates greatly.
We can derive from the above data that using a $250 deductible costs approximately $17 more each month or $204 every year than quoting the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $250 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally go more than 15 months between claims, you would come out ahead if you elect the higher deductible. The illustration below shows an example of how you can make this decision for your own policy.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$128|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $111|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$17|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $17|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||15 months|
One important note is that increasing deductibles to save money means you will have to pay more at claim time. That will necessitate enough money in the bank in the event you have to pay the deductible to have repairs made.
Car insurance deductibles
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Nissan Altima insurance rates for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to have an agent's advice. Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Orlando.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. You won't need to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Below is a short list of insurers in Orlando that are able to give comparison quotes.
- worldwide insurance agency
4697 Rose Coral Dr #7 - Orlando, FL 32808 - (407) 616-7894 - View Map
- Talmadge Commercial Insurance Agency
111 W Jefferson St - Orlando, FL 32801 - (407) 701-6321 - View Map
- Henry Wahl - State Farm Insurance Agent
417 Summerlin Avenue - Orlando, FL 32801 - (407) 895-5285 - View Map
- Caple Howden Insurance Agency
10222 E Colonial Dr - Orlando, FL 32817 - (407) 657-8808 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Orlando?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Frequent quotes can save
In this article, we covered many ideas to get a better price on insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Orlando auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high prices, policy cancellation and even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
Cheaper insurance in Orlando can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Orlando agents, so you need to quote Orlando auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)