Are you burned out from not being able to scrape enough together to make your insurance payment? You are in the same boat as many other Florida consumers.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Parkland drivers could cut their rates by roughly 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but they won't spend time to shop around. Multiple insurance companies compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite cheapest price on insurance.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, follow these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Parkland is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Comparison shoppers just have to use the most efficient way to buy car insurance instantly.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons is to understand most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data such as your job, deductibles desired, your education level, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That information gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons immediately.
To find lower rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Parkland.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Parkland, FL. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,314||$657||$110|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$1,612||$806||$134|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,558||$779||$130|
|Ford Explorer Limited 2WD||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Ford F-150 FX4 4WD||$1,348||$674||$112|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$954||$477||$80|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,282||$641||$107|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,750||$875||$146|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,340||$670||$112|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase premium rates significantly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
One common question asked by Parkland drivers is how high should the deductibles for physical damage be. The following tables may aid in understanding the rate difference when you choose different comp and collision deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second data table uses a $500 deductible.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Parkland which can raise or lower coverage prices significantly.
Based on the figures above, using a $100 deductible costs about $29 more each month or $348 each year than opting for the higher $500 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $400 more to file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally go more than 14 months between claim filings, you would probably come out ahead going with the higher deductible.
Discounts for lower Parkland car insurance rates
Some insurers don't necessarily list all available discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Parkland car insurance online.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Club Memberships - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Parkland is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy life insurance.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Government Employee Discount - Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for signing up on their website.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driver could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any amount of discount will help lower your car insurance premiums.
A few companies who might offer these benefits are:
It's a good idea to ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Parkland. To find insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Parkland, click here.
Local Parkland auto insurance agents and car insurance
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Parkland who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Parkland can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn why they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
If you get positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a price you're happy with, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your car insurance policy.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Florida?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Lower Parkland car insurance rates
Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
Listed below are some of the things used by companies to determine your rates.
- Gender impacts prices - Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- High deductibles lower costs - The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Optional features that lower car insurance rates - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Your age impacts your rates - Inexperience drivers have been known to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Reduce prices by driving vehicles with better crash test results - Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost in Parkland, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
Affordable insurance in Parkland is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Parkland car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don't offer online quoting and these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
When getting Parkland car insurance quotes online, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about insurance is available in these articles: